This is just the tip of the iceberg on the attractions that are open/covered during rain showers! The parks were built to still be pleasant during a typical Florida rain shower. We encourage you to purchase inexpensive Disposable Ponchos prior to your trip. You can also use an umbrella in the parks! A little rain should never put a damper on a full day of magic at Walt Disney World® Resort, where the fun always shines! There are always exciting activities, attractions and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Here are just a few favorite picks!
Magic Kingdom® Park
- When the afternoon parades at Magic Kingdom Park can’t be performed as planned, Disney friends come out to play in the “Rainy Day Cavalcade.” This cheery procession brings Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals down the street in antique vehicles, accompanied by a special musical soundtrack and parade performers in colorful rain slickers and galoshes!
- Hop on a rip-roaring rocket into the furthest reaches of outer space on Space Mountain attraction, set sail on a swashbuckling voyage on Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and climb aboard a gloomy Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion attraction.
- You can take flight on Soarin’ Around the World. This indoor attraction allows you to experience a breezy, airborne adventure as you hang glide above the breathtaking marvels of the world.
- Go under the sea—without getting wet—on The Seas with Nemo & Friends attraction before getting close up with clown fish, sharks and more in a massive 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium.
- Watch popular Disney and Pixar short films in amazing 4D at the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- Check into the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction. Inside you’ll be hurled up and down aboard an elevator-style lift and brought into…the Twilight Zone.
- Make your way over to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith attraction and race along the darkened freeways of Los Angeles in a super-stretch limo to the rockin’ tunes of Aerosmith.
- Sing along with Anna & Elsa in For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Singalong Celebration.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Theme Park
- In Africa, you can visit “The Festival of the Lion King,” a high-energy show filled with songs, pageantry and puppetry celebrating the classic movie, “The Lion King.”
- Venture over to Pandora – The World of Avatar area where they can take a mystical journey into Pandora’s glowing bioluminescent rainforest on Na’vi River Journey attraction. This indoor boat ride will take you on a visually stunning adventure!
The weather may not always cooperate, but being prepared can help make your visit at Walt Disney World Resort a success!