Do you LOVE thrill rides?? I am a thrill ride junkie. Roller coasters are my favorite! I remember visiting Disney World for the first time as a parent & thinking how hard it would be to manage the big rides since we had two very small little boys. Guess what? Disney has a plan for this!
Rider Switch is Disney’s system that allows people with small children to take turns riding the bigger rides while the other person waits with the children. It is so easy to use! Here’s how it works:
- The entire party, including the non-riding child, must be present at the participating attraction.
- The Cast Member will need to see the child and confirm which adult will not be riding first.
- The Cast Member will then scan the Magic Band or Key to the World Card of the adult waiting with the child. The waiting adult will get to select 2 guests to bring back on the ride & those bands will be scanned too.
- Once the first party has gone on the attraction, the parties can switch!
- The party that did not ride first will be directed to the FastPass+ entrance & the Rider Switch Pass will be validated.
One of the great things about this is that it also shows up on your My Disney Experience account & does not have to be used immediately! This system is so great for families traveling with young kids because you don’t have to miss out on any attractions. Save this information for your next Disney vacation!